Friday, August 2, 2013

Common Core, Next Generation Science Standards, & Me, Oh My!

It was great to see how many people downloaded these packs, but I didn't get any feedback!  Leave comments on the item or on the blog about likes, dislikes, or wants!  I want to help you!

I attended a technology conference this past week, and while there, a lot of talk came up about Common Core.  It is the basis for many of our content areas--the ones that have common core as well as the other subject areas.

It also came up that the content areas (Math and Science, for example) cannot only read their respective standards, but also read the Language Arts ones.  Content teachers need to integrate the same principals as the Language Arts teachers are in the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills of the students.  Departments become teams rather than separate entities.

Our school does a lot of part time positions, one teacher teaching in the AM and another in the PM.  This means that even at the elementary level, there can be different teachers for different subjects.  I am a prime example as I am teaching kindergarten in the afternoon and I will be teaching math, science, social studies, and art.  I have been looking at the Math Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.  Now, upon attending this conference I realize I also need to look at Language Arts so I can incorporate some of the informational texts, listening, speaking, and comprehension standards into my content areas.  At the same time, the morning literacy teacher will also need to look at the Science Standards when she is doing her informational text weather unit, for example.

So, to the point: Our school collaborates quite a bit and I took the standards for Math and Language Arts Common Core and the Next Generation Science Standards and put them in report card (or checklist) format for our WHOLE staff.  I have put these on Teachers Pay Teachers by grade for you to purchase.  I have combined all three documents into zip files for each grade K-5!


Click on your grade to be taken directly to my TpT store for your grade pack!
Kindergarten
First Grade
Second Grade
Third Grade
Fourth Grade
Fifth Grade

To get people interested, get some feedback,  and to see who reads to the bottom ;)
I am offering these packs FREE until 
MIDNIGHT CST; TODAY ONLY
FLASH FREEBIE

I would love feedback (on TpT or in the comments below), what do you like, not like, want from these report cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment