Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Its Time....

1 day old
12 weeks old (tomorrow)
The time has officially come, it is time for me to return to work after 12 weeks maternity leave.  My amazing little boy, Nolan, was born right on his due date (after 12 weeks of modified bed rest from a early labor scare).  His due date, also happened to be our parent's back to school orientation night.  Talk about timing!  He has grown so much!

I had no idea how tricky it would be to go back to work after missing the beginning of the school year. I love teaching, and I do want to go back and be with students, but it is tricky to make yourself want to go back when you have never met them.  It is strange not having an attachment to the kids (yet) when it is already Thanksgiving time--and to leave your first born child to do it.  I know I will be fine and begin attaching as soon as I go, but getting out that door on Monday is going to be tricky!

Meeting new students is going to be really tough.  What is going to be tougher is going to meet new students 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, 3 weeks before the Christmas pageant, and 6 weeks before Christmas.  School will be chaos and I am just going to be the icing on the cake. 

I now begin the journey of reading my long term subs notes, creating lesson plans for these brand new faces, and cuddling my little boy tons before I go back on Monday. Since it is past bedtime, I guess I will settle for watching him on the monitor while blogging.

Our school is very small.  Our entire staff from principal, secretary, janitor, aides and teachers, we have 15 people.  17 people if you count our two priests. To say the least, we are all very close.  We spend a lot of time together and being a Catholic school in which we also love and pray for each other, we are a school family.  To add to the chaos and confusion of the holiday season and my coming back, we have some very scary news at our school.  Our principal's brother went missing on Monday.  We are in Wisconsin and he went missing from the Vancouver, WA/Portland, OR area.  She has flown out to help in the search for him.  We could use your prayers and good thoughts.  Also, I know my blog doesn't reach a real large number of people, but if you could pass it on that would be wonderful--especially if you are in the area of Vancouver/Portland.  Here are the images/flyers that have been made.

The facebook group is: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindCory (my principal is the one keeping up the page).  Please help us find Cory and bring him home--as well as bring our principal back with some great news and peace of mind.

Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment