Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, 123

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Video
(found from Kindertastic Blog)





 __ told __ and __ told ___, I'll meet you at the top of ___________'s tree!




Students Directions:
"stamp 4 different letters. When you are done go wash your hands and come back."  I then glued the writing sheet on.  when they returned, they were told to write their name on the name line. We then named letters the stamped.  I wrote for those who needed support as they dictated. Students able wrote their own letters.


Chicka Chicka 1,2,3 Video
I can only find the "Trailer" for this video.  I am working on finding the whole thing, but at this point with 4K going to 11 was ok.

Another version.  Has the right song, but the video is a power point.

Chicka, Chicka Boom Boom!  Will there be enough room?  My name _______ has _______ letters in it.

We did this as a whole class project. I had names typed out with lines between each letter.  Direction 1: cut out on lines, put scissors in air (collected)  2: Hand out brown paper. Rip a long skinny tree trunk.  Put your extras in our scrap paper box.  Hands in the air.  3. Hand out green paper.  Rip 3 pieces for leaves.  Any extra pieces go in scrap box.  4. Glue all your pieces on like a tree and your letters can climb your tree like in our books.  5. Write your name on the big line.  6. Lets count number of letters in your name.  7. Teacher shows how to write on scrap paper.  Student tries. 8. Teacher glues paper on blue so that nothing is overlapped.  9.  Put paper in my basket and go have free choice time.

Same vs. Different between "Boom Boom" and : 1,2,3"






I really wanted the children to start talking about similarities and differences (compare and contrast).  After talking to my mentor teacher in the 4th/5th grade room, she mentioned that they compared and contrasted and it went "ok."  I figured if I could add any support now, to help get them ready by 4th grade, it would be fun.  This was fun little books to introduce this concept with!


No comments:

Post a Comment